This short, updated (April 2021) course covers the following:
1. The stress of your children leaving home
2. Missing someone you love
3. War and depression
4. The death of a spouse
5. Can watching a film make you depressed?
6. War (in films) and depression
7. Suicide and depression
8. What if a family member has depression?
9. Crosswords and depression
10. Conflict resolution
11. Homelessness and depression
Throughout the course, homework is set - with links to Youtube videos, news articles and journals to help you answer the questions. In most lectures a film is used to illustrate the points made.
The more you participate the more you will get out of this course.
"life changing experience. your efforts are really appreciable for all and creating this course."
- Nisar Ali
"I think it is very interesting as it involves applying film to emotions."
- Tricia Bethel
"i am taking it for professional reasons. i hope to start at masters in counselling and psychotherapy for children, young adults and families in sept 2019. i hope this course will give me a taste of some of the issues i will learn about."
So - Key Points to the Approach of this course
1. A topic is outlined
2. A film/film clip is included that illustrates some of the points made
3. You are then set homework/further research
Do all that and you'll really enjoy the course - and get the Oxford Diploma!
Depression relief: discuss; watch; apply.